Law Women Alumnae Reception
February 13, 2013
5:30 PM, Lipton Hall
Honoring The Honorable Pauline Newman ('58), Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit.
An amazing opportunity to network with all the interesting and successful female alumni. 1L's this is a great way to make connections as you begin the recruitment season! 2L's and 3L's this is your opportunity to continue networking for the future!
1st Annual Law Women Symposium
March 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Vanderbilt Hall
The New york University Law Women invites you to attend our inaugural annual symposium, titled "Breaking the glass Ceiling: Exploring the Continued Existence of Gener Bias in the Legal Profession and Understanding How it Can Change." This symposium will address contemporary legal developments and issues affecting women in the law. Click Here for more information.
Panel on Preparing for 2L Year
Everything you ever wanted to know on the writing competition, journals, Early Interview Week, 2L classes, and more. This is an event you don't want to miss!
- International Women's Day events including a penny push to benefit GEMS and a screening of Very Young Girls
- Annual Alumnae Reception honoring a female graduate and providing networking opportunities to students and alumnae
- Champagne & Chocolates Valentine's Day party
- Evening panel discussion with women in private practice from major New York law firms and corporations
- Private networking event with partners and associates from Sullivan & Cromwell
- American Cancer Society's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk in Central Park
- Partnership with I-PREP program to coach welfare-to-work clients on interviewing skills
- Public practice "Day in the life" panel
- Annual 1L mentoring program pairing 1L's with 2L's for ongoing advice and support
- Annual 1L mixer at The Dove Parlour
- Study breaks and discussions on outlining, preparing for finals, EIW, and what to expect after 1L year