Television and Radio
If you would like to make an inquiry of the Center, please contact us.
Examples of the Center appearing on television and the radio include:
- An appearance on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer by Faculty Director Rachel E. Barkow regarding sentences faced by sexual offenders
- An appearance on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow to comment on the extortion case involving David Letterman
- An interview on BBC World News by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow regarding civil securities fraud charges filed against Allen Stanford and the likelihood of criminal charges being filed against him in the future
- An appearance on CNN's "The Situation Room" by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow, commenting on the terrorism prosecution of Aafia Siddiqui
- Extensive analysis on NPR by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow of the federal material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization statute after the oral argument in the Humanitarian Law Project v. Holder case before the Supreme Court, and commentary on Pacifica Radio regarding the decision in the case.
- Comments on NPR (from 2:45 to 3:42) by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow regarding the importance to the United States of extraditing from Colombia the leaders of international drug cartels and paramilitary groups to face prosecution here
- An extensive appearance on Fox Business News by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow regarding the Department of Justice's criminal investigation of Goldman Sachs
- An appearance on Bloomberg News television’s “Evening Edition” by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow explaining the indictments and evaluate the evidence in the prosecution of two former Bear Stearns executives on securities fraud charges, and to comment on the “perp walks” to which the two defendants were subjected
- Interviews of former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow on the "Ed Randall Talking Baseball" show on WFAN 660 AM and on Sirius-XM Radio regarding the leak of information regarding baseball superstar Alex Rodriguez's failed steroid test
- An interview on Bloomberg radio of Faculty Director Rachel E. Barkow regarding a case decided by the United States Circuit Court for the Second Circuit regarding ineffective assistance of counsel (not available online)
- Interviews on Bloomberg radio of former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow regarding cases before the Supreme Court involving an inmates's right of access to DNA evidence and involving the constitutionality of a statute permitting civil committment of sexual predators (not available online), regarding alleged Brady violations in the prosecution of United States Senator Ted Stevens (not available online), the constitutionality of juvenile life without sentences (not available online), and analyzing the motivations of highly-educated and highly-credentialed white collar criminal defendants (also in a separate print interview on Bloomberg.com)
- An appearance on Current TV's "The Most Controversial Jail In The World" report by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow regarding the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay
- An appearance by former Executive Director Anthony S. Barkow on the Regional News Network to analyze the acquittal of a former police officer for the alleged homicide of an illegal immigrant (not available online)